Who loves Mondays? I LOVE MONDAYS!

Why, exactly, am I so fond of Mondays? I cant say really. But the fresh start of a new week, even if I dont have anything particular lined up to occupy my mind just brings on this rush of energy and excitement for a brand new week!

Today was a fairly typical day since daddy came home - I was up early, unloading the dishwasher, starting on laundry, sweeping and mopping, while all my wonderful boys slept soundly in their beds.

Too soundly. Too late in fact - I really need to break them soon of this business of sleeping in until after 9-10am. I mean seriously, I know one day they will be teenagers that sleep through morning straight up until dinner time, or so I am told, but I cant have that happening now!

Honestly speaking, I miss the early mornings with my hubby - 5am, coffee and a nice quiet house, just the two of us to share our thoughts, talk about our dreams, current events, politics, religion, what ever form of adult conversation we could muster before the world of Blues Clues and Yo Gabba Gabba ran through our hallways.

Lately though, hes adapted this new philosophy of over relaxation, haha. Not that I mind taking some time to just sit back and sleep in, but day after day of it is too much for me! I'm just a bit more of a morning person, and I need my mornings and my routine to ensure energy and a good balance for my day!

I cant complain though, I let him sleep as long as he wants, poor daddy. Before we know it we will be headed to Ft. Sam Houston so he can begin his new MOS training, and he will have his head married to books for quite some time.

Fingers crossed we can secure all the additional training and schooling he is hoping to get added on to his contract, but only time will tell. Either way, I know he will be able to make the cut. Essentially, if its not in his contract, he just has to ensure he makes the top 10% of his class to apply for specialized schools and training, and I know thats well within his realm of ability. Well within.

Since we are on topic, I am really trying to occupy my spare time to complete all the levels of training for military spouses offered at MyArmyOneSource.com. Overall, I am really looking forward to when we get near post and I can apply for volunteer opportunities, with FRG hopefully, but I know I will need to work my way up through some leadership courses and become completely acclimated with military lifestyle before I can expect them to allow me an opportunity to help advocate new families.

So far so good, completed the EFMP Program Overview - such great information and something I am really proud to see the military doing for families with exceptional dependents. I love it. Really, I do.

My love for the military though, and everything about it, is more than just an idle infatuation. I never knew we would find such a wonderful community and a home with the ARNG. If we had known, no doubt we would have enlisted sooner, but as with everything, God has a plan and things happen as they are meant to.

Right now the closest installation is on the other side of Ft. Worth, and its a Naval Air Base at that. While its still up in the air whether or not we can get the the approval for housing on post when we head there for AIT or not is still in the air, but the sooner we know, the better we can make arrangements. As of right now he doesn't report until next Spring, so we have plenty of time to make our way comfortably, thank goodness.

With the waiting list for housing being a few months, if I can get us on it with his orders, that would be great! The housing market in San Antonio is a little different, and I am just afraid of landing my little family in too rough of an area due to a lack of experience with the market.

Although, I do have some contacts there, I might have to make some phone calls and see if they can keep an eye out for some good deals. One thing at a time Heather, one thing at a time.

In the meantime, I am keeping busy! Military moms and wives are keeping me busy with design work! I did a few pieces today and I have several on backorder!



I would say that tomorrow I can tackle my growing backorder list - but neigh, I cannot. Because tomorrow, we head to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch! YAY!

Finally!! Last weekend while Zane was at RSP, Julia was supposed to come over so we could take the boys together, well she stands me up then calls at 3pm, LOL. So we are going this week, puts a little pressure on me to get the Halloween cards done and mailed off, but at least I can get it done! This year we WILL have Halloween holiday cards darn it!

Speaking of Halloween, we had planned on spending the day with Zane's grandparents, but it looks like they will be out of town, sadly. Although, with every closed window comes a door of opportunities! And I am extremely excited that we decided to take the boys to the Halloween Night at the Dallas Zoo! YAY! It will be so much fun, and it looks like both George and Julia will be joining us as we take the boys trick or treating this year!

Cant wait to be honest! Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE the fall!

Anyway, enough excitement for me, I think its time to call it a night so I can have my fingers ready for full on mommarazzi! The boys, and pumpkins, and hay, and petting zoo, cmon. I might just come home with carpel tunnel.

Have a great night dear friends and loved ones. Whomever you are.

God Bless!

Comments

Popular Posts