Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I'm sitting here enjoying my very first dinner for one.

I decided to make some Shrimp Scampi (incredible by the way) and pair it with a bottle of Sweet Moscato. When I say bottle, I wont pretend that I didn't pour a 2nd, or even 3rd glass. The recipe called for a white wine...what? LOL

We have been slowly working towards his enlistment the last few months, and even though we have thoroughly prepared for it mentally - I suppose no practice or preparation can really amount to the actual feeling of knowing your spouse, the person who keeps you warm at night, who helps you bring in the groceries, who you share banter with in the middle of the night is not home to snuggle with when you want them to be.

I couldn't be prouder though - hes always been a soldier, just waiting for his enlistment I suppose. I am so proud of him, the man hes becoming that I always knew he was. Our boys are so lucky to have such an amazing father, I hope they really appreciate it when they get older.

Prayers go out for my beloved, and I hope he triumphs through all the challenges he is about to face so that he can pursue the path he wishes to follow.

Right now, even though the spot where he normally sleeps will remain cold, and the place at the table where he dines with me is empty, I feel like the luckiest woman alive to know that such a great man holds his place in my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts