Texas Weather

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed, energetic and excited like a kid on Christmas morning.

We were going in for a sonogram, and fingers crossed, we were hoping to be able to determine the sex...FINALLY. I know its never a 100% science, but still, it was exciting to finally be able to determine if we are having a girl for certain, or if God has decided to surprise us with a little boy.

We had been telling ourselves, that maybe the reason we couldn't tell before was just a fun way to spice up the enjoyment of pregnancy with a surprise! I mean, when again in your life do you get a surprise THIS big! But I cant take it, I NEED to know!!! LOL

Today was partially cold, and yes a little icy this morning, as the weather channel had been threatening it would be all day. But I get a call from the doctors office this morning at 8am - when its at its coldest saying that they are going to remain open, and confirmed I would be there for my 2:10pm appointment.

My excitement increased, and I went on a cleaning spree, and then all of a sudden around 11am, they give me a call. As the sun is coming out and the roads are clearing, they call to advise me that they are in fact closing the office by noon, and that I will have to call and reschedule.

Here I am, its 1:45pm, and I just stepped outside, and the sun is shining down on the earth, the roads are clear, traffic is breezing by (I can see a pretty busy street from our 3rd floor balcony).

How are they closed?!??!?

I'm irritated that the appearance of a little winter makes this state and its inhabitants go nuts! Like they forget how to drive, how to be responsible. They are all hormonal bi-polar crazed women who forgot their meds or something. Its astonishing.

Still frustrated because I was so looking forward to this visit, I guess there is nothing I can do about it, but I just hope tomorrow this nonsense dies down and we can go in to look at our little precious.

In the meantime, Aiden and I have had a wonderful day. He helped me clean the tub and make a batch of cookies. I promise I didn't eat all the dough. Though it did take quite a bit of will power. HaHa

Venting does wonders for the soul. I'm no longer wishing death upon the morons who cant drive or function in seasonal weather. :-D

Ciao!

Comments

Popular Posts